Highcharts.net with ie7 or ie8

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I cannot get highcharts.net to render charts correctly using ie7 or ie8. Even the demo breaks on the browser. Any ideas?

Developer
Feb 18, 2012 at 3:24 PM

Sorry about the delay.. If the error is only IE specific, it may be caused by incorrect date formats, but I don't know exactly why. Just that I have read about this problem elsewhere on the Internet.

Can you please post a code snippet describing what you are trying to do, exactly?

Also, I would suggest that you use script debugging in IE's Development Console (F12) and also post the exact error that you get over there. That should help us debug the issue.

Cheers,

Rahul

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Thanks for the response! So I see this error on the demo site itself (and in any code I try to write). If you go to http://highcharts.paulovich.com.br/Sample01.aspx on ie 8 or ie 7, you see pieces of the chart show up (the series and x axis), but nothing else. The javascript error I get is

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; InfoPath.2)Timestamp: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 20:06:46 UTC

Message: Object doesn't support this property or methodLine: 4Char: 17308Code: 0URI: http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.4/jquery.min.js

It seems to be crashing at the following section: 

n.replace.call(f.slice(e.index),a,function(){for(var c=1;c<arguments.length-2;c++)if(arguments[c]===undefined)e[c]=undefined})

Thanks!

-Chris

Developer
Feb 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM

The problem appears to be because of a bug in shCore.js 's implementation. Please comment out the following lines in Site.Master to fix the issue for IE 7/8

<link href="/Resources/Css/shCoreDefault.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />    
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Resources/Scripts/shCore.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Resources/Scripts/shBrushCSharp.js"></script>   
<script type="text/javascript" src="/Resources/Scripts/shBrushXml.js"></script>   
<script type="text/javascript">SyntaxHighlighter.all();</script>

Read more about the bug here. I've tried the workaround before, and it works. But it still needs to be incorporated into the sample project code. In any case, the commented lines simply provide syntax highlighting in an aspx page, so you can easily skip them.

Let us know if you continue to face problems..

Regards,

Rahul